- Before starting with your daily fitness regime, do some warm-up exercises.
- Wear a scarf or a mask over the nose and the mouth to keep yourself protected in the cold weather.
- If you also have some allergies, especially pollen allergy, it is better to stay indoors when pollen counts are high.
- Do not exercise outdoors if the level of pollution is high.
- Avoid exercising when sick.
- Do not overt exert yourself while exercising.
- In case of emergencies, it is advisable to carry an albuterol inhaler.